Four Killed In Separate Traffic Accidents Over Labor Day Weekend | News
Minnesota State Patrol Troopers have already responded to four separate fatal accidents thus far this Labor Day weekend.
The most recent accident occurred Saturday night, around 8:45 p.m., in Isanti County at Highway 95 and Highway 47.
The Hennepin County Medical Examiner has identified the victim as 18-year-old Evan Stein of Anoka.
State Patrol Troopers report a Buick Century, traveling northbound on Highway 47 pulled in front of another car, a Chevrolet Silverado, traveling westbound on Highway 95 in Cambridge. Troopers say the two cars collided in the westbound lane.
Troopers have not released the condition of the other three people involved.
Earlier on Saturday, around 3:30 p.m., state patrol troopers report responding to another deadly crash on Highway 75 and County Road 21, northeast of Euclid involving two cars.
Troopers report an Oldsmobile sedan drove through a stop sign heading eastbound on Country Road 21. The sedan was hit by a Ford Ranger that was unable to stop. Troopers say one person died in that crash.
Troopers also responded to a fatal crash early Saturday morning, around 3:30 a.m. in Hibbing, where 36-year-old Julie Cloud of Hibbing died after the Ford Explorer she was a passenger in left the road on Highway 169 at County Road 5. Troopers say Cloud was ejected from the vehicle and died on scene.
Troopers say the driver of the car suffered non-life threatening injuries.
On Friday, State Patrol responded to a deadly collision on Highway 60 at County Road 81 around 1:30 a.m., where 44-year-old Dean Shelstad died. Troopers say the Hyundai Elantra Shelstad was driving collided head-on with a Ford Windstar.
Troopers say the two people traveling in the Windstar from Rochester suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Upcoming Events near Anoka County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Charity Golf Tournament in Maple Grove Giving Away BMW
- Minneapolis City Leaders Appeal for Calm after Arrest of Activist Al Flowers
- Cyclists, Walkers Take over Part of Central Ave. During 'Open Streets' Event
- Man Shot to Death after Argument on Mpls. Bus Identified
- Woman Hit by Car, Killed near Lake Minnetonka was Wife of Driver
- Motorcyclist Leads Troopers on High Speed Chase, Crashes in Wis.
- Protesters Call for Peace in St. Paul after Woman's Death
- St. Paul Mayor Calls for Public Discussion on Budget Gap
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Bus Driver from Fiery Crash in Roseville
- 2nd Burglary this Week Reported on Pike Lake Drive in New Brighton
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand