Four Killed In Separate Traffic Accidents Over Labor Day Weekend | News
Minnesota State Patrol Troopers have already responded to four separate fatal accidents thus far this Labor Day weekend.
The most recent accident occurred Saturday night, around 8:45 p.m., in Isanti County at Highway 95 and Highway 47.
The Hennepin County Medical Examiner has identified the victim as 18-year-old Evan Stein of Anoka.
State Patrol Troopers report a Buick Century, traveling northbound on Highway 47 pulled in front of another car, a Chevrolet Silverado, traveling westbound on Highway 95 in Cambridge. Troopers say the two cars collided in the westbound lane.
Troopers have not released the condition of the other three people involved.
Earlier on Saturday, around 3:30 p.m., state patrol troopers report responding to another deadly crash on Highway 75 and County Road 21, northeast of Euclid involving two cars.
Troopers report an Oldsmobile sedan drove through a stop sign heading eastbound on Country Road 21. The sedan was hit by a Ford Ranger that was unable to stop. Troopers say one person died in that crash.
Troopers also responded to a fatal crash early Saturday morning, around 3:30 a.m. in Hibbing, where 36-year-old Julie Cloud of Hibbing died after the Ford Explorer she was a passenger in left the road on Highway 169 at County Road 5. Troopers say Cloud was ejected from the vehicle and died on scene.
Troopers say the driver of the car suffered non-life threatening injuries.
On Friday, State Patrol responded to a deadly collision on Highway 60 at County Road 81 around 1:30 a.m., where 44-year-old Dean Shelstad died. Troopers say the Hyundai Elantra Shelstad was driving collided head-on with a Ford Windstar.
Troopers say the two people traveling in the Windstar from Rochester suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Upcoming Events near Anoka County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Minneapolis City Council Creates Committee, Ordinance to Combat Sex Trafficking
- Remembering Mandela's Visit to Minneapolis
- Eden Prairie Man Charged with 3 Counts of Criminal Vehicular Homicide for Crash that Killed Friend
- 1 Dead After Car Goes Over Guardrail on Highway 169
- Minneapolis Police to Host Safety Walk for UMinn. Students
- St. Paul Ice Fishing and Winter Sports Show Now Open
- St. Paul Man Charged with Attempted Murder, Assault After Hitting a Girl with Bullet Intended for Former Gang Member
- Winter Carnival Committee to Unveil Buttons Saturday at Dixie's on Grand
- 'Veterans Court Track' Launches for Ramsey County Offenders
- Thousands Expected to Attend Huge Ice Fishing Show in St. Paul