Public Invited to Watch World-Class Curling in Blaine | News
Team China Men’s Olympic Curling is competing in Blaine over the weekend.
The ice at the Four Season's Curling Club will be shared by several Olympians and local competitive curlers.
The event is part of the club’s second “cash ‘spiel”, a world curling tour which provides teams with cash prizes and Order-of-Merit points, which count towards Olympic qualifying events.
The games started Friday and will run until Sunday. They are free and open to the public.
The event features men’s and women’s top competitive teams from around the country, including five-time National Champion Pete Fenson, defending National Champion Brady Clark, World Bronze Medalist Todd Birr, National runner-up Courtney George, 2012 National Champion Heath McCormick, and multiple National Champion Allison Pottinger. Skip Allison Pottinger has qualified for the Olympics as alternate for Team Erika Brown.
Upcoming Events near Anoka County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public Hearing Discusses Lake and Nicollet Redevelopment Plan
- Good Samaritan Rescues Woman after Car Crashes into Rogers Lake
- New Mpls. Grocery Store Opens with 'Roaring Twenties' Theme
- DNR: Winter Blamed for Hundreds of Dead Fish at Minn. Lake
- High Costs in Aftermath of Dinkytown Frozen Four Disturbance