Public Invited to Watch World-Class Curling in Blaine | News
Team China Men’s Olympic Curling is competing in Blaine over the weekend.
The ice at the Four Season's Curling Club will be shared by several Olympians and local competitive curlers.
The event is part of the club’s second “cash ‘spiel”, a world curling tour which provides teams with cash prizes and Order-of-Merit points, which count towards Olympic qualifying events.
The games started Friday and will run until Sunday. They are free and open to the public.
The event features men’s and women’s top competitive teams from around the country, including five-time National Champion Pete Fenson, defending National Champion Brady Clark, World Bronze Medalist Todd Birr, National runner-up Courtney George, 2012 National Champion Heath McCormick, and multiple National Champion Allison Pottinger. Skip Allison Pottinger has qualified for the Olympics as alternate for Team Erika Brown.
Upcoming Events near Anoka County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man Hospitalized after Stabbing in South Mpls.; Police Look for Suspect
- 16-Year-Old Charged in Shooting Death of Minneapolis Man
- Sources: Minneapolis Man Died Trying to Protect Son from Gangs
- N. Mpls. Community Celebrates Life of Terrell Mayes on Would-Be 6th Birthday
- More Controversial Regulations Proposed for Tearing Down Homes in Mpls.
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand