Public Invited to Watch World-Class Curling in Blaine | News
Team China Men’s Olympic Curling is competing in Blaine over the weekend.
The ice at the Four Season's Curling Club will be shared by several Olympians and local competitive curlers.
The event is part of the club’s second “cash ‘spiel”, a world curling tour which provides teams with cash prizes and Order-of-Merit points, which count towards Olympic qualifying events.
The games started Friday and will run until Sunday. They are free and open to the public.
The event features men’s and women’s top competitive teams from around the country, including five-time National Champion Pete Fenson, defending National Champion Brady Clark, World Bronze Medalist Todd Birr, National runner-up Courtney George, 2012 National Champion Heath McCormick, and multiple National Champion Allison Pottinger. Skip Allison Pottinger has qualified for the Olympics as alternate for Team Erika Brown.
Upcoming Events near Anoka County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Driver Record Data Fight Draws in Lawmakers
- St. Paul Father Charged after Toddler Found High on Meth
- US News & World Report: Hamline University Best Law School in Minn.
- University of Minnesota Hopes Bonding Bill will Continue Study of Invasive Species
- Pothole Locations can be Sent by Text to the City of Maplewood
- 2 Teenage Boys Sent to Hospital after Being Hit by Truck in Sherburne Co.
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion