Public Invited to Watch World-Class Curling in Blaine | News
Team China Men’s Olympic Curling is competing in Blaine over the weekend.
The ice at the Four Season's Curling Club will be shared by several Olympians and local competitive curlers.
The event is part of the club’s second “cash ‘spiel”, a world curling tour which provides teams with cash prizes and Order-of-Merit points, which count towards Olympic qualifying events.
The games started Friday and will run until Sunday. They are free and open to the public.
The event features men’s and women’s top competitive teams from around the country, including five-time National Champion Pete Fenson, defending National Champion Brady Clark, World Bronze Medalist Todd Birr, National runner-up Courtney George, 2012 National Champion Heath McCormick, and multiple National Champion Allison Pottinger. Skip Allison Pottinger has qualified for the Olympics as alternate for Team Erika Brown.
Upcoming Events near Anoka County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Chase Suspect Slams into Brick Wall at 90 mph in Maplewood
- Calif. Man Accused of Trafficking Mpls. Teen Reported Missing
- Wis. Approves Medical Marijuana Byproduct, Giving Minn. Families Hope
- Injuries Reported after Metro Transit Bus Hits Pedestrian, Stops Abruptly
- St. Paul Police Reviewing Archbishop Deposition
- Marijuana Debate Continues with another Capitol Rally
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Lafayette Bridge Construction to Close Sections of I-94 This Weekend
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'