Man Arrested for Alleged Marijuana, Meth Possession in Blaine | Crime
A North Metro man was arrested after allegedly possessing marijuana and meth.
A Blaine police officer was near 105th Avenue Northeast and University Avenue Northeast around 1:05 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6, when he saw two cars parking at a strip mall.
The driver of one of the vehicles rolled down his window and the officer said he noticed a smell of marijuana and saw drug paraphernalia in plain view.
During a search of the vehicle, the officer found 63 grams of marijuana and 4.56 grams of meth.
The driver was identified as 19-year-old David Curtis Sneesby of Cedar.
Sneesby has been charged with a third degree controlled substance crime and a fifth degree controlled substance crime. If convicted, he faces up to 20 years in prison and $250,000 in fines on the third degree charge and up to five years in prison and $10,000 in fines on the fifth degree charge.
Upcoming Events near Anoka County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Chase Suspect Slams into Brick Wall at 90 mph in Maplewood
- Calif. Man Accused of Trafficking Mpls. Teen Reported Missing
- Wis. Approves Medical Marijuana Byproduct, Giving Minn. Families Hope
- Injuries Reported after Metro Transit Bus Hits Pedestrian, Stops Abruptly
- St. Paul Police Reviewing Archbishop Deposition
- Marijuana Debate Continues with another Capitol Rally
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Lafayette Bridge Construction to Close Sections of I-94 This Weekend
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'